Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Philly : Day 1

Did you miss me?

We're still without internet at home. But, I'm not at home so I told #1 I would post on my blog and while she's at Grammie's she could check it and see what I'm up to.

Mr. Wiedz came to Philadelphia for a conference and we used his frequent flyer miles from his old job to get me a "free" ticket to join him.

He's busy in classes and seminars all day but today (after sleeping in) I went and met him for lunch at Reading Terminal Market where we had delicious Italian food for really cheap! I/We'll be back everyday!

After lunch he went back to the conference and I took a walk down Benjamin Franklin Parkway to the Philadelphia Museum of Art which was closed (because it was Monday) but there are so many great things to see on the walk. On the way I stopped at the Logan Square, Philadelphia Free Library, and Elkins Oval.

By the time I was done I was TIRED and would have had a LONG walk to the hotel had I not found the Phash trolley. Only $2 and it took me everywhere I wanted to see and got me back to a closer walk to the hotel. Tomorrow I'll be riding it again!

Mr. Wiedz and I went to dinner at "hole in the wall" famous 5 Guys Burgers. It was as awesome as the recommendations said it would be.

#1 asked for pictures of the tall buildings, flowers and our hotel room. Tomorrow I'll take better pictures of the actual tall buildings found in this big city and of the outside of our hotel.







Tomorrow I plan on going to Rittenhouse Square and Antiques Row.

No comments: