Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

:: this moment ::

A photo from the week. Not too many words. A simple moment, extraordinary, special. Something I want to remember, cherish, to pause over. If you have a "moment" leave a link in the comments for others to find and share.

inspired by soulemama.


I don't have a photo today. We've had a l.o.n.g. week. Day camp for #2 and #3, a sleepover and vbs and friends for #1, and general playing and napping for #5 and #4. I don't think my camera has come out except for one or two photos.

But I do have a moment. Such a sweet moment. I wish I had a picture of it. I almost re-enacted it so I could have a picture of it.

Once we got home Thursday from picking up everyone from friends and camp we headed straight to the backyard to check on the chickens and see if there were any eggs (there was, one). After that excitement most of the kids moved into the strawberry and raspberry patch for a late afternoon snack. Earlier I had set up the sprinkler to water the yard next to the garden and it was hitting much of the garden area as well. It's important to know that #5 HATES the sprinkler, in fact, he screams every time he is gotten wet. #2 knows this and was in the garden/berry patch with him. I saw from the living room windows that every time the sprinkler would come around again to their area of the garden #2 would shield baby with his own body. #2 took the water each time so that #5 wouldn't have to and wouldn't get upset.

Such a tender moment. Such a beautiful look into my sweet #2. A moment, although not photographed, I want to keep in my mind for a long time. Something I have retold and pondered and cherished all week.

6 comments:

house full of jays said...

Oh, this is simply beautiful. Siblings are so wonderful. Sounds like you have some sweet sibling love happening among your little ones.
Have a wonderful weekend!

amanda {the habit of being} said...

definitely a great moment! it's always such a treat to see older siblings protecting the younger ones.

Joy Y. said...

Oh, I know you'll savor that memory forever. So sweet when they are acting protective and loving over the younger ones, instead of being....well, you know. Not so nice.

Blessings to you,

~Joy

mona.norris said...

I know what a wonderful heart he has and what a great moment for a mom to see.

amy (mamascout) said...

what a sweet story! i am always moved when my kids help/protect/give to each other. close siblings are a gift for a lifetime!

Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous sibling story. One I'm sure you will remember and will be retold. I just love when the big ones help out and protect the little ones.

Blessings, Elizabeth