Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

The Sandbox


When I was pregnant with #1 my parents got her one of those covered turtle sandboxes as a baby shower present. For the past seven years we've used the turtle more as a swimming pool, filling it with water or letting the rain fill it up. The kids have filled it with dirt and mud.

I have a vivid memory of #2 sitting in the murky water that the turtle was filled with a couple years ago. My cousin, Scary, and I walked up to see what he was up to. He reached his hands out of the water to show Scary his pool buddies, worms.

This spring I've wanted to get sand for the turtle so my last visit to Walmart I picked up a couple of bags.

The turtle sandbox has become a favorite hangout of all the boys. The socks, shoes, pant cuffs and my floors and laundry will never be the same.

No comments: