Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Training who?

I decided this weekend I would work on re-training #4's sleep pattern. He had been waking a number of times in the night. Like 12:30, 2:00, 3:30 and 6:30. I was tired!


Oh. So. Tired.


So this weekend I figured with Mr. Wiedz out of town I could let the older boys sleep in my room and the re-training wouldn't disturb them.


#4 woke at 3ish that first night. And cried and fussed for a little while. He was just settling down and it had been quiet for a bit...I got comfortable again in hopes of that being the only protest and I could get back to sleep. Until #4 was standing next to me.


Disoriented I put him back in his crib and everyone slept the rest of the night. The next morning #1 came to my room to let me know it was morning...#4 was right behind her. I scooped him up, took him back to his crib and explained that he was supposed to stay in bed and call for me to come get him. He needed to stay in his crib!


Nap time had the same result. When he woke up he climbed out and came out to find me.


Saturday night when I laid him down I was clear that he was to stay in his crib. And he did. He slept well all night (a full nights sleep) and I got him out of his crib when he woke up in the morning, I heard him talking. Sunday, while I was enjoying the Kit Kittredge movie with the older kids I heard the obvious thud that is the sound of a baby climbing out of his crib...and falling to the floor.


Last night I took the mattress out of the crib and put it on the floor until Mr. Wiedz can convert the crib to the toddler bed. #4 is not sleeping in a crib anymore!

What!


How'd that happen? When did my baby get so big?


We've never converted the crib since 1) the older kids were, well, older when they stopped sleeping in the crib and 2) by the time the older kids were out of the crib I was pregnant with the next one and we'd be needing it as a crib.


#4 is doing pretty well with his mattress and hopefully this afternoon's project will be trying to convert the crib without an instruction manual for a 7 year old crib.

An interesting training session, indeed. I think we both got a little bit of training this weekend.

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

I'm right there with you! I tried putting a gate on my little one's room so she doesn't wander the house at night, but now she just screams from her room. I still have lots of training to do. And I am tired too.