Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

:: Yarn Along ::

Joining Ginny with a yarn along again this week. I finally got little miss #6's birth story written. It took many days to write and will likely take that many to read but if you're interested in stuff like that, here you go.

Photobucket

On the needles :: Still knitting and purling away on Mr. Wiedz's sweater. I have kind of promised it will be ready for fall fishing season but now that I'm thinking about it, it has taken me nearly a year to get almost done with the front. How I am going to accomplish the back and the sleeves and the collar in the next five months I don't know. I am also working on a sweater for #6. It's the Birdy Cardigan from Vintage Knits for Modern Babies. It's my no-brain-power-to-follow-a-pattern-so-I'm-just-going-to-knit-and-purl project. That purple yarn that didn't photograph well is my little project for sitting at basketball or baseball practice when #6 is napping and I am not chasing #5. It will be a little headband for #6 and I thought it would knit up in just one basketball or baseball practice but since it is fingering yarn on size 1 needles it is taking decidingly longer. But it is a small, portable project and in garter stitch so there is no thinking involved whatsoever.

On the nightstand :: I still have Large Family Logistics next to my bed though I fall asleep so quickly once I get to lay down I haven't read any of it. I am reading Sherwood: Original Stories from the World of Robin Hood aloud to the kids during school. We are enjoying it though I did have to skip a chapter because the thees and thous were making it difficult for the children to stay with me.


No comments: