Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

What a proud mama I am!


#2 has started asking about words. He'll call from his seat in the back of the car and ask how to spell something. I'll ask him what sounds he hears and he can tell me. He'll sound out words on his own. So I asked the kindergarten teacher at school where I should start with him. I think I pushed #1 a little, picking books a little too hard too soon. I got the answer every parent shudders when they hear.
When I read this book, I skip 4 or 5 pages with every page turn.
But there is something magical about hearing your son read it to you!
A red dog on a blue tree.
A blue dog on a red tree.
A green dog on a yellow tree.
Some big dogs and some little dogs going around in cars.
A dog out of a car.
The sun is up.
The sun is yellow.
The yellow sun is over the house.
It is hot out here in the sun.
It is not hot here under the house.
Now it is night.
Night is not a time for play.
It is time for sleep.
The dogs go to sleep.
They will sleep all night.
Now it is day.
The sun is up.
Now is the time for all dogs to get up.
Get up!
It is day.
Time to get going.
Go, dogs. Go!

No comments: