Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Byzantine Crosses

I'm thinking July may have to be the month I catch up. I looked over my list of things I wanted to write about, share here, document and remember. I'm behind. I always say {at least to myself} that I will be more consistent. Perhaps it just is what it is and I won't worry about it but with no journal and no scrapbook, this space is where I keep track of most of our goings-on...so I'll catch up.


We are in the thrills of summer with absolutely no routine, which I think can only last a couple more weeks before I go crazy, and school work in few and far between moments. But I bring you a project from all the way back in March (!).


Byzantine Crosses

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We learned that Byzantine artists used egg yokes to bind the pigments of their paints. We tried our own painting with egg yoke based paint by painting on sugar cookie dough. And enjoyed an afternoon treat of beautiful and delicious snacks!

Photobucket

No comments: