Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What a weekend!

We had such a wonderful time with my family this weekend. We're still recovering...all the kids were in bed by 7PM Monday night and slept fabulously in their own beds all night...#2 just got up at 8:15! A weekend running and playing and staying up too late (11:30!) and sleeping on the floor in a heap of cousins and a lot of video games will wear a kid out. Wear them out is a fabulous, memory-making way. I'm sure they will remember for a long time this wonderful time of family because of weekends just like this!
The adults had a great time too...a lot of visiting and eating and hanging out. Now that our kids are getting older and older they take a lot less constant supervision and Grammie and Grampie's new house is perfect. A "kid heaven" in the basement left the main level and the upstairs "man-cave" for the adults to spread out and enjoy.

My big brother was happy, I think, to see everyone and get a chance to visit before he is off to Iraq. The bookmark for him was a big hit, the big kids gave it to him themselves and he was kind and grateful for it...I even got a kiss on the cheek.

I did all my laundry before we left in my mom's fabulous large capacity washer, which turned 3 loads into one. And my sister folded it all for me while I was on a date with my husband (more on that in a later post). So today I just have all the laundry that didn't get done before we left and the sheets that had a accident last night. Oh and all the unpacking and reorganizing and joining real life again after over 4 days away!

I am missing my girl today already though, I'd gotten used to her being around and now that she's going to be gone for the next 7 hours I'm feeling the void. And Mr. Wiedz started a new term today. It was sad to see them go down the driveway this morning.

Off to get that washer moving!

No comments: