Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

:: Yarn Along ::

Another week with the yarn over.


Ginny, over at small things, has a great idea going. A single photo of a current knitting or crocheting project with a current read. I thought this was great! I read...a lot. And I knit...not as much as I'd like but I do have 2-4 projects going either on the needles or in my brain.


Photobucket

This is my knitting and book that I keep in my little league box. Last year I made dishrags for Christmas gifts for my mom and mother-in-law. I'm wanting to try out a pattern for another possible useable gift for this year...maybe not only for them... I spent a long time on ravelry searching patterns. Saved quite a few and trying them out. I've started this one with some left over cotton yarn, colors and yardage when I settle on a pattern to use for sure.

I've thrown The Read-Aloud Handbook into the box as well. I heard about this book on BlogSheWrote's site. I'm loving the reading aloud we're doing this year. And reading aloud is going better than ever before but I was hoping to get some more pointers and knowledge to make this time of our day even better. The book also has a book list so I'm hoping for some new read-aloud ideas.

What are you knitting (or crocheting...or crafting)? What are you reading? Leave a comment.

1 comment:

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

Good on you for thinking of Christmas already! Wow!

You might try How to Get Your Child to Love Reading: For Ravenous and Reluctant Readers Alike. It has terrific booklists and tons of fun ideas in it.