Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

:: Yarn Along ::

Joining Ginny, over at small things, again with yarn along. A single photo of a current knitting or crocheting project with a current read. I am really loving these posts, taking a moment to think about what and why I'm knitting or reading. I read...a lot. And I knit...not as much as I'd like but I do have 2-4 projects going either on the needles or in my brain. Leave a comment to share your yarn along.


Photobucket

On (or off as the case is today) :: While on vacation, Las Vegas with my mother...absolutely wonderful, I cast on what was supposed to be a vest or sweater for #3. He's been patiently waiting for a vest though I think I'd like to make a sweater more. This yarn was the only green yarn my mother had. I cast on according to the pattern though I knew the yarn was "chunkier" and the needles bigger than called for. Pulled it over #3's head today and knew right away that it wouldn't work. Pulled it off the needles...could have fit Mr. Wiedz! Going to try again, using the right yarn and needles, pattern from More Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

On the nightstand :: The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis. 2nd to last book in the Chronicles of Narnia series. This one has been harder for me to read. Not sure why. I almost gave it up but I have just entered a great scene and I am over half way over so at this point it would be silly not to finish.

6 comments:

karen said...

I love the color of the yarn!

Obaitori said...

Your photograph is beautiful. All of the colours are lovely and warm. Makes me feel sleepy actually, like I just want to curl up with the Magician and fall asleep.
zzz Katie xxx

Sarah Jane said...

I've been planning on making that vest. Laughed when you said it would fit your hubby. Hope take 2 works better.

embracingitall said...

The yarn is lovely. Best of luck getting the sizing right for the vest. I am feeling the same way about the book I am reading at the moment (The Lacuna). I am also half way through, so I feel like I should make the effort to read it. I'm sure there will be something happening in the book soon, to keep me reading. Jacinta

amanda {the habit of being} said...

I love the color of that yarn. Can't wait to see the finished vest or sweater as the case may be :)

Anne said...

So, The Magician's Nephew is one of my favorites in the Chronicles of Narnia. Consider this, it is the story of how Narnia came into being. Also, hold out for the scene in which Uncle Andrew and the White Witch take a carriage ride through town! It makes me laugh out loud, every time!