Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

:: Yarn Along ::

Joining Ginny, over at small things, again with yarn along. A single photo of a current knitting or crocheting project with a current read. I am really loving these posts, taking a moment to think about what and why I'm knitting or reading. I read...a lot. And I knit...not as much as I'd like but I do have 2-4 projects going either on the needles or in my brain.


I do love seeing what others are knitting and can always use some reading suggestions! Leave a comment so I can see what you're up to. And go over to Ginny's to see what others are up to.

Photobucket

On the needles :: A hat for Mr. Wiedz. Oh, how badly I want to finish something. And I did finish this exact hat in time for last weeks Yarn Along. After I finished the last row, before I cast off I slipped it on Mr. Wiedz's head to discover that it didn't fit. sigh. So I ripped out to before the decreases but the yarn so small and the needles so slippery that I couldn't pick back up the stitches so had to rip out the entire thing and start over. Oh! The angst! But I'm fairly ahead of it now and it should only take a couple more days. Since I'm getting so close to finishing I'm thinking about what I'll cast on next, a Christmas present. Pattern is ready, needles are ready, yarn is ready. Let's get this hat done!

I'm also really close to finishing #2's sweater. I alternate but right now the hat...I'm not letting it beat me.

On the nightstand :: Really, on the nightstand is where this book lives. I pick it up between other reads and while it is interesting I use it mainly as a wind-down, wait for the Tylenol PM to kick in read. Only getting a page or two read a night. Should take me a few decades to read through it.

No comments: