Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Project :: knitted pants (and baby toes)

While I was pregnant with #5 I tried to knit baby pants. I was new at knitting and only got through one leg before I ran out of yarn and gave up. During my pregnancy with #6 my mom bought me a knitting book, Vintage Knits for Modern Babies, during our fun birthday girls weekend. There are so many patterns in there that I want to make, but one of the first projects I cast on was the Tiny Trousers.

  Photobucket

I finished them and blocked them and put them in the drawer to await #6's arrival. And the other day she wore them! She looks as cute in them as I thought she would. She has worn them a time or two since this day that I photographed them. Actually she wore them to her brother's freezing t-ball game the other night and thanks to the wonderful soft wool she was warm and toasty!

Photobucket

Another picture to show her adorable baby toes. I think I decided to knit a bigger pair in some wonderful grey wool that I bought just before she was born...I've been waiting to decide what should be made with that yarn...

Ravelry notes here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those toes are so cute, you just want to eat them up ;)
And those pants are gorgeous - I love the color!