Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

:: Yarn Along ::

Joining Ginny, over at small things, again with yarn along. A single photo of a current knitting or crocheting project with a current read. I am really loving these posts, taking a moment to think about what and why I'm knitting or reading. I read...a lot. And I knit...not as much as I'd like but I do have 2-4 projects going either on the needles or in my brain. 


I do love seeing what others are knitting and can always use some reading suggestions! Leave a comment so I can see what you're up to. And go over to Ginny's to see what others are up to.

Photobucket

On the needles: Mr. Wiedz's sweater! On my night away (another post) my dear Mr. Wiedz suggested going to the yarn store. We'd been one other time, to pick out his yarn, but we had all 5 kids with us. Not the best browsing, touching yarn, taking our time kind of trip. This time, I got to ask questions, look through pattern books, contemplate supplies I may need. It was a delightful trip. So I got a pattern. A shawl collar, cabled pattern. It is going to be a challenge. I usually hate ribbing but having redone my swatch in pattern, I can tell you I'm loving the ease of ribbing right now. This sweater will have each stitch scrutinized and poured over. A labor of love.

On the nightstand: The Emancipator's Wife. Not loving it. Haven't picked it up in a few days, don't really miss it. Need to make a trip to the library...next week.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

So difficult to select anything when the children are helping to shop. Been there, except I only have three. Three different opinions, but wool shop owners are always so patient with them. Our local shop has toddler toys at the ready! Hope you find a more captivating book.

Jen @ Wife, "Mom", Knitter said...

It's so nice that your husband appreciates your handknits and will actually wear them.

Mine thinks all mine should be behind glass as art. ;-)