Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rowing :: Yellow Ball

Photobucket

We "rowed" Yellow Ball by Molly Bang last week. An out of print book apparently as the link will take you to the amazon listing asking $51.89 for a used book. I was unaware of its rare status as there were many copies at our library...didn't know had I wanted to buy it would be out of my price range. It is a delightful book. Simple words. Beautiful pictures. All of our favorite part was the storm...

We had a nice week with this book. The above photo is of #3's pastel drawing of the cover. He did a pretty great job though had to add some more color (the green and purple do not appear on the actual cover - artistic interpretation).

Seatwork ::

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

lacing card
color by number
color by number ball - so much better fitting with the ball theme instead of the yarn theme - gave them a choice
Y is for... from the Homeschool Share

Painting ::

Photobucket

I got out the paint again for this book and let them use different balls around the house as their "brushes". It wasn't as popular as I would have thought. There was plenty of paint on their tee shirts though!

Special Memory ::

I don't know if this will last as a special memory in thier minds but my boys do like balls and Winco had perfect yellow balls right before Easter. On Friday, after a week of reading and enjoying this book, I gave each of the boys a yellow ball.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Found. Hug. Home.

Links ::

Delightful Learning - my jumping off place
So many good things at Confessions of a Homeschooler
Homeschool Share

Linking up ::

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. That is some amazing cutting and sewing/lacing. Love the pics. xo m.