Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

:: Yarn Along ::

Joining Ginny, over at small things, again with yarn along. A single photo of a current knitting or crocheting project with a current read. I am really loving these posts, taking a moment to think about what and why I'm knitting or reading. I read...a lot. And I knit...not as much as I'd like but I do have 2-4 projects going either on the needles or in my brain. Leave a comment to share your yarn along.

Photobucket

On the needles :: a sweater for #2. He's been very patient for a mama-made anything. I finally got a hat done for him a couple of months ago. We went looking for yarn to make Mr. Wiedz a sweater and found this Patons in mercury. Mr. Wiedz didn't love it. I asked the boys if any of them were interested in a sweater in this color and #2 spoke up first. (#3 is waiting for a cool green color.) I cast on with the pattern for the kids vest in More Last Minute Knitted Gifts, but now he's decided he wants a sweater. I think I'll use the percentage method and figure out a sweater as I go. I figure I have quite awhile of stockinette stitch before I need to worry too much.

On the nightstand :: Lydia's Charm. A nice fiction read with interesting characters set in an Amish community in Ohio. It's an easy read that I'm enjoying.

2 comments:

karen said...

I really love the color of the knitting project, and thanks for the book recommendation, sounds interesting!

Anonymous said...

I like books about the Amish, too.

Kelly Long has a really good series of Amish "chic lit".

The vest is looking good so far!