Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Rowing :: Autumn Week

We didn't "row" in our normal sense this week. But I loved Jolanthe's Fall printables she offered awhile back that I mixed some of the preschool version and the kindergarten version with some of our favorite fall books and we had quite a week!

Books we used this week ::



Writing Practice ::

I've never used any handwriting tracers before but printed it out and put it in a plastic sheet protector so the boys could work on it through the week. Totally worked. Not only did #3 practice but #4 did an amazing job with making his letters!

Photobucket

Math ::

I don't think I took any pictures of the cool wheel that is part of Jolanthe's pack but it was awsome! #4 counted the items on the wheel then matched the clothespin with the number written on one side and dots on the other! He loved it!

Photobucket

I did print out apple addition. #3 didn't love it. I wish I could have laminated the numbers, they were difficult to keep track of. Also wish I had little apple buttons or wooden apples to use...that would have been cute.

Puzzles ::

Photobucket

Jolanthe's packs had two puzzles that I got out for the boys on our last day. The preschool one was just perfect for my #4 (4yo) and the kindergarten one was great for #3 too. We glued them down to cardstock to save in our book. They really enjoyed the whole process.

Craft ::

I had pinned tons of craft ideas on pinterest for fall/thanksgiving/halloween. I really didn't want the week to focus on Halloween (since it would be over and isn't really our "holiday") so I went with the cute Indian corn craft. The boys really did a good job and took their time placing the tissue paper. We even went ahead with the "My favorite part of fall is..." on the leaves. They turned out really cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have plans to keep up with this type of rowing for the rest of the month. Next up: the "Mayflower".

No comments: