Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

:: Yarn Along ::

Joining Ginny, over at small things, again with yarn along. A single photo of a current knitting or crocheting project with a current read. I am really loving these posts, taking a moment to think about what and why I'm knitting or reading. I read...a lot. And I knit...not as much as I'd like but I do have 2-4 projects going either on the needles or in my brain.

I do love seeing what others are knitting and can always use some reading suggestions! Leave a comment so I can see what you're up to. And go over to Ginny's to see what others are up to.

Photobucket

On the needles :: Not too much on the knitting front. I spent my daylight car hours over the holiday weekend knitting the second half of the Christmas present. I've made good progress, they should be all finished and wrapped up in time for the big day. I cast on another puerperium a couple weeks ago and haven't gotten much done on it. I took it to our Pack meeting last night but when I got to the parking lot I realized the instructions had gotten removed from my bag. A real disappointment since it meant having to just *sit* during the meeting. I'll be double checking my bag from now on! I also think I'm adding these to my make for Christmas list...we'll see if I find the right yarn and needles in time. Looks like they'd knit up quick though...

On the nightstand :: I finished Penelope's Daughter. What a GREAT book. I loved it! The kids and I did a lot of Greek mythology and versions of Homer and the Odyessy last year so this was such a perfect grown-up go-along story! Love. After that I picked up another book from my stack from the library. Take One is just the kind of book I was looking for. I've read plenty of Karen Kingsbury to know I can read it quickly (so as to move on to other books in that library stack...they all look so good) but that I'll enjoy every moment. Already it is proving to be a good one...not staying on the nightstand like a good book!

1 comment:

house full of jays said...

Oh no, it's so frustrating when you're geared up for knitting but find you're missing something important! I love the puerperium pattern.
Congrats on the successful car knitting, though!