Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 1

Mr. Wiedz is out on business this week. I'm looking at the week and wondering if I'll ever survive. This morning is a good indication that I won't.

The kids and I have been working on memorizing Colossians 3:15 together. The very end of the verse, "And be thankful" was part of our vacation bible school "power verses". I read some great articles over at titus2.com that spoke about using the Bible and the whole Bible even with the littlest so I thought we could and should tackle the whole verse.

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body
you were called to peace. And be thankful." Colossians 3:15

It dawned on me as I was working with #1 and #2 on the verse that there is a major lesson there. We are called to peace. Us, in this very household. That day we talked about peace. What we could do to live in peace together. How fighting, arguing and being mean to one another was not peace. But that laughing, playing, helping one another and using kind words and actions was a house and a home filled with peace. As an additional benefit when some correction is needed I just need to ask if what their involved in is helping our home be peaceful or not peaceful. They get it and they see how their actions promote peace in the "body" of our home and family.

I've tried to come up with some major distractions for our week without Mr. Wiedz. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Rachel Anne said...

That is such a great application for the "body" being our family. You are so RIGHT! We are called to peace but often forget it inside our own 4 walls. We still work on it... :)

Thanks for jumping into the meme! It's fun to get 'round to visit!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Wow! Thank you so much ~ reading this post came at exactly the right time for me. I will definitely be sharing this verse with my own family. I hadn't heard of the Titus 2 website before but can't wait to look at it more. I'm part of a "Titus 2 Talks" group at our church. It's one of my favorite parts of the Bible!