Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Promises

Promises. God's promises. And promises of good things to come.
First, God's promises that I thought of and found:
"I will never leave you..." Hebrews 13:5
"My strength is made perfect in weakness..."
"Those who seek me diligently will find me." Proverbs 8:17
"Anyone in Christ is a new creation..." 2 Corinthians 5:17
"Instruction, teaching and guidance..." Psalm 32:8
"God shall supply all your needs to His riches..." Philippians 4:19
"Peace I leave with you..." John 14:27
"To everything there is a season..." Ecclesiastes 3:1
"...He shall give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
"...and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

It has been an interesting time...looking up these promises. Knowing they speak to me now as I'm parenting, making decisions with Mr. Weidz for our family, dealing with family and life. But there was a new promise waiting for me in the garden this evening when I watered. Promises of good things to come:

I am so excited to have the tomatoes and the cucumbers come on this year. I still have awhile to wait but they are there...the promise of some delicious snacks, lunches and dinners!

No comments: