Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

:: Yarn Along ::

Joining Ginny, over at small things, again with yarn along. A single photo of a current knitting or crocheting project with a current read. I am really loving these posts, taking a moment to think about what and why I'm knitting or reading. I read...a lot. And I knit...not as much as I'd like but I do have 2-4 projects going either on the needles or in my brain.

I do love seeing what others are knitting and can always use some reading suggestions! Leave a comment so I can see what you're up to. And go over to Ginny's to see what others are up to.

Photobucket

On the needles :: got the heel turned on the Christmas present. I'm excited. I like the look of the pattern, the twisted stitches and it isn't difficult at all but I'm not a fan of paying attention to a pattern so I'm excited the foot is just stockinette. The only part left that I don't like is picking up stitches. That should be done today sometime and these should be finished by next week *fingers crossed*. I also cast on for a truly secret project...I've never knit anything completely secret before. Only after-bedtime knitting on this one and it is actually put away so not to be spotted or stumbled across. I think being secret makes me want to work on it even more...that or the really soft yarn and the way it feels as it's knitting up.

On the nightstand :: Still reading Take One. My reading time must be even more limited than I realized. I used to be able to finish a Karen Kingsbury novel in a day or two, three at the max. This one has taken over a week. It is just as fabulous as all her books and I love the way she develops her characters. A great book, just a tired, pregnant, homeschooling mama without a lot of private reading time.

What are you reading? Knitting or crafting? Join small things for the yarn along, leave a comment.

3 comments:

Crunchy Momma said...

I hope you get all your projects done. Secret projects are hard for me, once the kids are all asleep I am usually too tired to get much done : ) Tricia@ Crunchycatholicmomma.blogspot

no spring chicken said...

All of this 'secret' knitting is kind of funny... I want so much to just show it all off! Love the look of your gift...

Blessings, Debbie

amanda {the habit of being} said...

tired, pregnant, homeschooling mama...can so relate! hope you get some rest and time to yourself soon :)