Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

:: Yarn Along ::

Joining Ginny, over at small things, again with yarn along. A single photo of a current knitting or crocheting project with a current read. I am really loving these posts, taking a moment to think about what and why I'm knitting or reading. I read...a lot. And I knit...not as much as I'd like but I do have 2-4 projects going either on the needles or in my brain.

I do love seeing what others are knitting and can always use some reading suggestions! Leave a comment so I can see what you're up to. And go over to Ginny's to see what others are up to.

Photobucket

On the needles :: I got some beautiful yarn for Christmas! Just what I asked for! Mr. Wiedz did fantastic with Shepherd's Wool in lime green. He said it was for me to make me something...first up a hat. I cast on just after Christmas and I should be able to finish the decreases after I'm done posting here. I'm using Soulemama's favorite hat pattern (it's under her tutorials tab - no direct link) with a minor modification due to user error. The picture doesn't show how beautiful the yarn is...dark, rainy day here. I'm thinking a cowl and even dreaming of a cardigan out of this yarn, although with lofty plans like that I'd be headed back to the yarn shop.

On the nightstand :: I got to go to the library all by myself yesterday! Such a treat! I had put a request on Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons and yesterday was the last day to pick it up. Since I was there I got to go to the floors where the adult fiction and non-fiction are kept (our main library is 3 levels with children's materials on the ground floor, huffing the library basket and 5 children up - even by elevator - to the other floors where there are NO children and many quiet adults is not something I do very often). So I got a whole stack of books. First up is The Friday Night Knitting Club, I'd heard of these books but had never looked and I am in the mood for something fun to read and add a twist of knitting...sounds good. I started it last night and already I'm enjoying the characters. I also browsed the knitting section and found, Knitting Without Tears and Knitting for Baby (some inspiration for the next two months) and The Big Book of Knitted Monsters (I'm thinking a birthday present for a soon-to-be 2 year old).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yarn is a wonderful gift! I really like Knitting without Tears and Knitting for Baby. I have the monster book on my list. I made a robot for my nephew for xmas and it was a hit.

Mama Gone Green said...

That yarn looks luxurious. And I have been wanting to read the Friday Night KNitting Club. Hope you post back with how you liked it. ANd the other books sound great too. I am headed to the library today, so we'll see what I come back with!!